ICTC Workshop on Advanced Industrial Networks with beyond 5G and Intelligence Distribution (IWAIN2022)
Date: Oct. 19-21, 2022
Same as ICTC2022 regular paper (https://ictc.org/
Call for Papers
This workshop is to address the latest trends of research and visions for industrial networks. The topics covered in the workshop include data processing and analysis, communication and control design for industrial networks, the use of artificial intelligence and machine learning for industrial networks including multi-agent learning and edge intelligence, and experiment studies using industrial networks (e.g., for smart factory/city/building/farm, etc.).
It is expected that B5G communication significantly impacts on how industrial networks are deployed, managed and operated. While industrial networks have stringent requirements in delays, massive connectivity, and scalability, data-driven approaches based on machine learning are expected to be adopted to manage various requirements of industrial networks using 5G and beyond 5G wireless communication. In particularly, due to limited communication resources for data transmission, distributed learning frameworks would be required where the wireless devices collaboratively build a shared learning model with training their collected data locally. This workshop aims to bring together academic and industrial researchers in an effort to identify and discuss the major challenges and recent breakthroughs related to industrial networks and the use of machine learning. Considering that there have been a lot of studies in smart factory, the outcome of experiment studies are also expected to be discussed.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to the following.
- Data Processing and Analysis for Industrial Network Communication
- Fundamental Trade-offs and Communication Protocols for Reliable Communication in Industrial Networks
- Enhancements for Industrial Communication, Including Architectures and Interworking of Public and Private Networks
- Communication for Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs), Robot Fleets, and Automated Guided Vehicles (AGVs) in Industrial Manufacturing Environments
- Exploiting Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) Techniques for Industrial IoT and Ultra-reliable Communication
- Network Architectures and Communication Protocols for Edge Learning in Industrial Networks
- Multi-agent Reinforcement Learning for Intelligent Control and Optimization
- Performance Prediction and Monitoring of Industrial Networks
- Experimental Verification & Technology Trial Results in Factory Automation and Process Automation Using Industrial Networks